#138: Defensiveness: The Hidden Barrier to Relationship Growth
Are you and your partner caught in a cycle of defensiveness? Feeling like your once-thriving connection has fizzled out along the way? You're not alone, my friend! This week in the Love Shack, we're revealing the ins and outs of defensiveness and how it quietly sabotages our relationships.
From giddy lovebirds with stars in our eyes to distant two strangers sharing a life, defensiveness can wreck even the strongest bonds, leaving us wondering, "What happened to us?" It's high time we shine a light on this elusive but powerful relationship destroyer.
Before you click away, thinking, "Psh, I never get defensive," let's come clean. We've all been there. Defensiveness is a part of our human experience, yet it's crucial to recognize and address its impact on relationships.
Take a deep breath and join us as we delve into this all-too-common emotional barricade. No guilt or shame here—just honest conversations and relatable insights to help us better understand ourselves and our partners. Our mission? To build more resilient, loving connections that defy defensiveness.
As they say, the first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one. So let's put our heads together, learn from our defensiveness, and start rebuilding stronger, healthier relationships. Are you in? Let's do this!
Links mentioned in show:
- Learn more about The Better Love Club! http://thebetterloveclub.com
- Get your copy of the book now!
- How To Stop A Fight In 20-Seconds Or Less. Get Your Free Cheat Sheet Here.
- Relationship Check-up - tired of re-hashing your issues with your partner without making progress? Schedule your check-up today!
- Get on the fun list here.
- Check out our Love Shack Live Playlist for all the songs we play on the show.