Episode 56: How To Preserve Your Sanity While Caring For Elderly Loved Ones
Is it possible to care for elderly loved ones while maintaining our marriages and taking care of our families? And do them all well?
Can there be a way to make it an enjoyable, rich, and rewarding experience more of the time?
And if so, how do we make it all work? And why would we want to? What’s the payoff? Do we only do it because we feel obligated? Or is there more to consider here?
Join us this week as our guest Josephine Tite, a Well-being consultant, and expert on managing the care of others shares with us her playbook of experiences and super-tips to make it all work. Together inside the Love Shack this week, we are going to talk about the pros and cons of caring for others, as well as provide you with some inspiration and resources to help us all turn overwhelming responsibilities of caring for others into a joyful “get to,” instead of a difficult “have to” that brings us down. This is an important, often taboo subject, and also one that can change your experience of life forever!
In this episode, we're covering several key topics about how to preserve your sanity while caring for elderly loved ones, including:
- How can we reduce Caregiver Burnout?
- How does positive psychology make a difference in care settings?
- How can we change our mindset when it comes to caring for our elderly relatives?
Have questions about love and relationships? Leave a message for us here: stacibartley.com/message
Links mentioned in show:
- Learn more about Josephine and her mission here: https://www.positivitycentre.com/case-studies/
- Download the worksheet we talked all about on this episode. Learn how to stop a fight in 20-seconds or less? Get the cheatsheet here. stacibartley.com/stopfight
- Ready to restart your relationship? Join us!
- Relationship Check-up - tired of re-hashing your issues with your partner without making progress? Schedule your check-up today!
- Get on the fun list here.
- Check out our Love Shack Live Playlist for all the songs we play on the show.