Episode 60: Budgeting Tips For Couples: Have a Happy, Stress-Free Holiday Season
The holiday season is the perfect time to spend quality time with your loved ones and show them how much you care. But, it can also be a stressful time for couples when money stress gets in the way of spending precious moments together. If this sounds familiar, this episode is for you.
This week the Love Shack Live Show is all about budgeting tips for couples during the holiday season! We'll be discussing how to have a happy, stress-free holiday season without breaking the bank. Join us to learn all about how to talk to your partner about setting a budget, sticking to it, and avoiding money stress during this special time of year.
Tom & I are excited to be joined by Amy Scott, a Certified Professional Financial Coach™, who believes it's not about how much you have. She knows that most people think about money as a gatekeeper, the thing keeping us from what we want. But really, adopting the right money strategy makes what we want possible.
We know that holiday spending stress affects so many couples during this time of year, but there are absolutely some practical steps you can take to enjoy all that the holidays have to offer without breaking the bank!
In this episode, we're covering several key topics about holiday budgeting tips for couples to reduce money stress, including:
- How to talk about your holiday spending expectations as a couple and agree on what you believe is reasonable for gifts, meals out, decorating the house, etc.
- What do you do if one partner wants to host an extravagant holiday party this year and the other person would rather save money to put away for a rainy day?
- How to avoid any surprises when it comes time to pay the bills this season!
Remember, if you're feeling stressed about how your holiday budget is playing out compared to your expectations, not everything has to be perfect! It's the thought that counts in holiday spending. Moreover, when you're surrounded by loved ones on special occasions with healthy financial habits together as a couple, even if money is tight then you will both truly enjoy this time of year without worrying about going into debt or your credit card balance.
Tune in live Thursdays at 1 pm PST/4 pm EST -- and don't forget to subscribe so you never miss an episode!
Have questions about love and relationships? Leave a message for us here: stacibartley.com/message
Links mentioned in show:
- Get Amy's budget guide to get your couple on the same page about money here.
- Attend one of Amy's free monthly budgeting workshops for couples here.
- New Free Masterclass: The Simple 3-Step System My Clients Use To Rescue Their Struggling Relationships. Reserve your spot here.
- Relationship Check-up - tired of re-hashing your issues with your partner without making progress? Schedule your check-up today!
- Get on the fun list here.
- Check out our Love Shack Live Playlist for all the songs we play on the show.