Episode 47: (Part Two) 10 Forms Of Betrayal That Are Just As Painful As Cheating In Relationships
Sexual infidelity is not the only way betrayal poisons our relationships, but it seems to be the one we are most familiar with and fixated on.
Let’s uncover some of the other forms of betrayal that are just as deadly to our relationships. These forms of betrayal often seem like little things on the surface, and many times we easily dismiss them. Then, one day we wake up and find ourselves wondering, “how did this happen?” And, before long, we find ourselves saying things like, “We’ve changed, we’ve grown apart, and it turns out that we’re just no longer compatible.”
What we’re really saying is: I don’t TRUST you anymore.
You must know betrayal is at the heart of every breakup because it destroys the trust we have in our partner. And without trust, our relationships cannot survive or thrive.
In this episode, we're covering several key topics about the most common forms of betrayal (outside of cheating) that destroy our relationships, including:
- How being unwilling to sacrifice can lead to a huge breakdown.
- Why sexual intimacy should never be used as a negotiation piece or as a reward for good behavior in a relationship.
- Why having a person outside of your partnership that you confide in and receive counsel from is one of the most deadly things for your relationship.
- How non-sexual affairs are just as dangerous as sexual ones.
Have questions about love and relationships? Leave a message for us here: stacibartley.com/message
Links mentioned in show:
- Want to learn how to stop a fight in 20-seconds or less? Get the cheatsheet here. stacibartley.com/stopfight
- Ready to restart your relationship? Join us!
- Relationship Check-up - tired of re-hashing your issues with your partner without making progress? Schedule your check-up today!
- Get on the fun list here.
- Check out our Love Shack Live Playlist for all the songs we play on the show.