How To Stop Controlling Your Partner And Save Your Relationship
Most of the time when we’re trying to save our relationships, we tend to focus on all the things we think our partner needs to do differently. But, what we don’t realize at the time, is that attempting to control your partner is ALWAYS going to lead to more fights, more pain, and more problems. So what are we supposed to do?
First, we have to accept that pain is part of every relationship no matter how healthy it is. We need to stop constantly running from pain, or fixing every issue before it becomes painful because it’s always going to be a part of us.
Next, we must turn and face the pain and focus on our own behavior instead of trying to control our partners. Because trying to change our significant others is, quite frankly, a fruitless mission.
Join Tom & me this week in the Love Shack where will share exactly what you need to do to stop controlling your partner and repair your connection.
Have questions about love and relationships? You can call us live during the show (Thursdays 1 p.m. PT) at 425-373-5527 or text your questions here: 601-207-0080.
In this episode, we're covering several key topics to help you turn and face the pain save your relationship, including:
- A recap of how important understanding our emotional intelligence is in our relationships;
- What to do when you feel yourself turning into a hot, out-of-control, irrational mess;
- How controlling or collapsing during arguments are not our only options during heated moments;
- The #1 killer of all intimate relationships, and how you can avoid it; and
- How getting in touch with your “emotional side” is not as difficult as you may think.
Links mentioned in show:
- Miss our past episodes? Check them all out here.
- Fairy Dust - the #1 thing I teach my VIP clients to stop arguments in their tracks.
- Relationship Check-up - tired of re-hashing your issues with your partner without making progress? Schedule your check-up today!
- The song we played during the episode was: Love Me Now by John Legend.
- Check out our Love Shack Live Playlist for all the songs we play on the show: