Technology & Relationships: What Impact Do They Have On One Another?
Technology has had a huge impact on our relationships, from the way we find potential partners to the way we communicate with each other when we’re in our relationships.
We have the universe at our fingertips with our phones every single day, and many of us sacrifice connection with humans to spend more time scrolling. So, it’s important that we ask the question: are we using technology as a crutch when it comes to our relationships?
This week in the Love Shack, we’re being joined by Mike Gorday, MA, a Human Solutions Consultant in the Pacific Northwest. He combines his expertise in human behavior, over 20-year career experience in the helping fields, and 20 years studying martial arts in assisting individuals and organizations dramatically improve their situations through coaching and training.
In this episode, we're covering several key topics about the impact technology has on our relationships, including:
- Can you be addicted to technology or choose technology over true connection with others?
- How is technology affecting our relationships? Is it improving them or creating more problems?
- Recommendations of what technology to use, and what to stay away from?
We’re talking about all this and more in this week’s conversation inside the Love Shack. Join us live on Thursday at 1:00 p.m. PT!
Have questions about love and relationships? You can call us live during the show (Thursdays 1 p.m. PT) at 425-373-5527 or text your questions here: 601-207-0080.
Links mentioned in show:
- Learn more about Mike here: http://www.mikegorday.com/
- Listen to his podcasts: What Drives You http://www.whatdrivesyou.net and Tech Time Radio www.techtimeradio.com
- Ready to restart your relationship? Join us!
- Relationship Check-up - tired of re-hashing your issues with your partner without making progress? Schedule your check-up today!
- Get on the fun list here.
- This week's song is: Internet Addiction Song
- Check out our Love Shack Live Playlist for all the songs we play on the show.