#119: The Invisible Burden: How the Mental Load Affects Relationships and What to Do About It
This week in the Love Shack, we're exploring a common issue that many couples face - when one partner is shouldering the majority of the mental load in the relationship.
Often, this burden falls on women due to societal expectations, but it can happen to anyone who takes on the role of caretaker in the household.
We discuss the frustration and emotional toll that can come with carrying this mental load and feeling like your partner doesn't understand or care about the effort involved. And we'll offer some practical steps that couples can take to address this issue and find a more equitable division of household responsibilities.
If you're feeling overwhelmed and underappreciated in your relationship, or if you're looking for ways to support your partner who is carrying the mental load, this episode is a must-listen.
Join us for an insightful and engaging conversation that will leave you with actionable steps to improve your relationship. Don't miss it!
Links mentioned in show:
- Learn more about The Better Love Club! http://thebetterloveclub.com
- Get your copy of the book now!
- How To Stop A Fight In 20-Seconds Or Less. Get Your Free Cheat Sheet Here.
- Relationship Check-up - tired of re-hashing your issues with your partner without making progress? Schedule your check-up today!
- Get on the fun list here.
- Check out our Love Shack Live Playlist for all the songs we play on the show.